Sells ICON 7.90 in pre-market
I was in at $5.83 so still a 35% profit.
28-Mar-16 16:40 ET
Iconix Brand misses by $0.02, reports revs in-line; guides FY16 EPS below previous guidance, revs in-line (8.14 +0.19)
- Reports Q4 (Dec) earnings of $0.25 per share, excluding non-recurring items, $0.02 worse than the Capital IQ Consensus of $0.27; revenues fell 1.4% year/year to $94.65 mln vs the $94.65 mln Capital IQ Consensus.
- Co issues guidance for FY16, sees EPS of $1.15-1.30, excluding non-recurring items, vs. $1.43 Capital IQ Consensus Estimate; sees FY16 revs of $370-390 mln vs. $374.12 mln Capital IQ Consensus Estimate.
- On Feb 18th, Co reaffirmed their guidance for FY16 adj EPS of $1.35-1.50 & $370-390 mln for revs.
- Plan to file 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015 on March 30, 2016
- Courtesy of Briefing.com
LCI broke out of a cup & handle this A.M. at $18.75 and then broke out of a down trending channel at $19.25
Added at both levels.
21-Mar-16 08:59 ET
Valeant Pharma initiates a search for a new CEO, names Bill Ackman to the Board, updates on certain accounting and financial reporting matters (shares halted) (26.98)
The co announced that the board has initiated a search to identify a candidate to succeed J. Michael Pearson as chief executive officer. Mr. Pearson will continue to serve as CEO and a director until his replacement is appointed.
- Valeant also announced that William A. Ackman, CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P., will join its board of directors, effective immediately. Mr. Ackman, whose firm has a 9.0% stake in Valeant, will join Pershing Square’s Vice Chairman, Stephen Fraidin, on the board. As the maximum size of Valeant’s board currently is fixed at 14 directors, Katharine B. Stevenson voluntarily resigned from the Board to create a vacancy to permit Mr. Ackman’s appointment. The Board requested that former chief financial officer Howard Schiller tender his resignation as a director, but Mr. Schiller has not done so.
- The company is in the process of restating the affected financial statements and the restated financial statements will be included in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, which the company intends to file with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Canadian Securities Regulators on or before April 29, 2016. The company believes that after giving effect to the restatement, it will have remained in compliance with all of the financial maintenance covenants in its credit facility at the end of each affected quarterly period.
- The company has identified misstatements to date that would reduce previously reported fiscal year 2014 revenue by approximately $58 million, net income attributable to Valeant by approximately $33 million, and basic and diluted earnings per share by $.09. A substantial part of the earnings impact of these misstatements will reverse in the first quarter of 2015. The company has identified misstatements in the first quarter of 2015, consisting primarily of the reversing effect on earnings of the 2014 misstatements, which would reduce revenue by approximately $21 million (timing of recognition of managed care rebates), increase net income attributable to Valeant by approximately $24 million and increase basic and diluted earnings per share by $.07. These adjustments are preliminary, unaudited and subject to change.
- The improper conduct of the former Chief Financial Officer and former Corporate Controller, which resulted in the provision of incorrect information to the Committee and the company’s auditors, contributed to the misstatement of results. In addition, as part of this assessment of internal control over financial reporting, the company has determined that the tone at the top of the organization and the performance-based environment at the company, where challenging targets were set and achieving those targets was a key performance expectation, may have been contributing factors resulting in the company’s improper revenue recognition.
- In connection with the Ad Hoc Committee’s work to date, certain remediation actions have been recommended and are being implemented by the company, including placing the company’s former Corporate Controller on administrative leave. The board and the talent and compensation committee, based on recommendations of the Ad Hoc Committee, have determined that the deficient control environment, among other things, would impact executive compensation decisions with respect to 2015 compensation for certain members of senior management. The company is in the process of implementing additional remedial measures.
- As discussed on its March 15, 2016 preliminary earnings call, Valeant could receive a notice of default under its bond indentures as a result of the delay in filing its Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015. If Valeant does not file its Form 10-K by March 30, 2016, there will be a default under the credit facility. The company will have 30 days, or until April 29, to cure this default by filing its Form 10-K.
- Courtesy of Briefing.com
Buys VRX at the open $26.42.
Although VRX will likely guide lower (presently $9.50 to $10.50) $7 or $8 per share still brings its value to 70 to 120 bucks per share.
We are fast approaching the area that started this last fall in the Dow Jones and other indexes.
The level above $177.11 are $181.25 and the all time high of $183.35.
If you are holding an index or stock now is the time to lighten up or sell it all.